Monday, December 24, 2012


a borrowed camera. light fades out before i can actually click anything. slowly, the dark creeps in, as does the night.
no trace of sleep in the eyes. its been like this since last an year n half.
its three in the morning. i am restless, after clicking around everything i could lay my hands on. macro shots, uselessly clicked for the heck of it, close up shots, for the fun of it.
its chilling cold outside. maybe, 5 degree Celsius and its foggy.
i start reading "dr jekyll n mr. hyde" but there' something which holds me restless.
soon, i am battling the cold outside. fingers exploring the consoles through a layer of leather. my cheeks can feel the brush of the wind. even though it's supposed to be daybreak, it's unbelievably dark.
i stop at a chai wallah, thinking i might get to click something. i order the kid for a cup of tea. click a few pictures. a sweeping thought of going back home comes to my mind. i just dont pay heed to it.
steering through the fog i can hear a cacophony of noises. its a bus conductor shouting. I follow the sound, board a bus.
i don't know where this might take me to. the conductor is still faraway, busy issuing tickets.
a song plays in the background, as i clear the lens of the camera with my muffler.

"phir se ud chala
ud ke chhoda hai
jahaan niche main
ab tumhare hawale hoon hawa"

No comments:

Post a Comment