Wednesday, January 11, 2012

rendezvous

I
Seven years
after seven long years
We shall meet
i find my legs running
my heart
skipping a beat

II
as i sit into the bus,
and it's wheels roll
a snapshots of images, from the years went by
a melange of memories, my mind recalls.
those early days
when everything was free
the sun rose and set
we could sit and relax under a tree.

III
now i have stepped,
out of the bus
i walk towards the address
finding my way, through the ruckus

i call you,
in excitement i don't want to miss
panting, out of breath
i wonder, wouldn't it be a bliss.

i forget my way
lost in my path
i ask a shopkeeper
'keep walking', he barks

a mess it has become
as i can feel my nerves against my forehead
thumping vigorously
i enter the building- fondly painted red.

IV
we shook hands, we hugged
none of us the same.
but a vestige of old times,
we all loved.

we spoke,
with pauses longer than the words
we smiled,
the way we did with pure hearts

V
on a railway station
we are,
a brief meeting
after all those years it was

you get a ticket and ask for the trains
this must be a dream
lingers in my brain.

we change platforms
and run in haste
you have to catch up your train,
and i too have a lot to catch up with you, but i refrain.

VI
i walk out of the station building,
i can hear the whistles blow
though we promised we shall meet
in life, one never does know.

No comments:

Post a Comment